December/January - Small Fandoms & Final Fantasy Creatures!
- If you haven't yet chosen your team, make sure you sign up here on the 2014 roster if you want your work to count for points!
- Confused? Need a refresher on the rules? Wondering how to post? Get more information about the Chocobo Races here.
- You can browse and fill prompts from the Chocobo Down list at any time!
For the next two months, you are encouraged to:
- Create fanwork for canons within the series that have smaller fandoms!
- Create fanwork that centers around any of the unique creatures of the Final Fantasy series!
- This includes any summons, monsters, animal companions, and non-hume/human races. You could even interpret the theme to include old-school status effects that affect humanoid appearance, like Toad and Imp!
- As a guideline, if you would like to use this theme to feature main cast members who are generally treated as "characters" over "creatures" (such as Fran or Kimahri), consider making the focus of your work something to do with their background or experience as non-human.
- It's fine to choose one theme or the other — there's no requirement to combine them, but you can if you want!
If you have any questions, please leave them on this post!
How will the scoring go?
- Any work that prominently features any Final Fantasy Creatures will receive 10 points.
- Any work submitted for Small Fandoms - FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV (and TAY), FFV and Legend of the Crystals, FFVI, FFIX, FFXI, VS, all Tactics games, FFXIV, FF: TSW, FFU, FF: MQ, FF: 4 Heroes, all Crystal Chronicles games - will be worth 10 points each.
- Any work that fulfills both themes at once - that is, Creatures from a Small Fandom! - will receive 15 points.
- Any work that doesn't fit either the Small Fandoms or Final Fantasy Creatures themes, but is submitted in December or January, will still receive 5 points.
- Don't forget we also now award bonus points for works that go above and beyond the call of duty! The following applies to ALL works, whether they fit the theme or not:
- +5 points for every 5000 words of a single fic
- +5 points for extensive coloring or shading in a picture
- +5 points for complexity within a single picture; i.e. backgrounds or multiple characters
- +5 points for multi-paneled comics
- Remember that you have to be signed up for a team before you post your work in order to get points.
What prompts are eligible for this month?
- Official Chocobo Down Database
- September - Free-For-All post
- October/November - Ladies & Fandom Tropes post
- Any prompt left in the comments of this post! Yes, as of this year, the intro post for each theme period now doubles as the prompt post.
Some reminders for this round:
- Please include the prompt you are filling somewhere when you post your work!
- Since the mods can't guarantee we have the time to look at every work ourselves, please make sure you label your work appropriately, so that we know who gets bonus points and who doesn't!
What if there isn't anything in the Chocobo Down Database that I want to create for? What if I want to ask for something else?
You can leave any prompts that fit one or both of the current themes in the comments to this post! You don’t have to be on a team to leave a prompt, but you do have to sign up if you want to receive points for filling one.
To leave a new prompt:
- Please put the most important relevant information in the subject of the comment, such as canon, character/ship, and/or creature. FFIV TAY: Palom/Ursula, or FFV: Faris & Syldra, or FFXII: Rogue Tomato are examples.
- Leave the details of your prompt in the comment. "Anything goes" usually isn't as helpful as you'd think - even if it's true! - so please try to add some optional details or ideas for people who might want a pointer.
- You can leave as many prompts as you wish, although we would ask you to stick to 5 prompts to keep things manageable. If you manage to fill someone's Small Fandoms or Final Fantasy Creatures wish, however, feel free to come leave as many prompts as you want!
Have fun, good luck, and prompt away!