October/November - Ladies & Fandom Tropes!
- If you haven't yet chosen your team, make sure you sign up here on the 2014 roster if you want your work to count for points!
- Confused? Need a refresher on the rules? Wondering how to post? Get more information about the Chocobo Races here.
- You can browse and fill prompts from the Chocobo Down list at any time!
For the next two months, you are encouraged to:
- Create fanwork about your favorite female characters!
- Create fanwork that has a format or theme in line with any common fandom tropes.
- It's fine to choose one theme or the other — there's no requirement to combine them, but you can if you want!
If you have any questions, please leave them on this post! We understand that "Fandom Tropes" as a theme is extremely open-ended, but we hoped it’d be a fun way to encourage everyone to have new ways of thinking about their favorite canons and characters. We also would like to stress that this isn’t meant to be a fanfic-only theme! There are many tropes that can be applied to art and other media as well, so we hope everyone can find some inspiration within the theme.
How will the scoring go?
- Any work that fits either theme of Ladies or Fandom Tropes will receive 10 points.
- Any work that fits both themes will receive 15 points.
- Any work that doesn't fit either the Ladies or Fandom Tropes themes, but is submitted in October or November, will still receive 5 points.
- Don't forget we also now award bonus points for works that go above and beyond the call of duty! The following applies to ALL works, whether they fit the theme or not:
- +5 points for every 5000 words of a single fic
- +5 points for extensive coloring or shading in a picture
- +5 points for complexity within a single picture; i.e. backgrounds or multiple characters
- +5 points for multi-paneled comics
- Remember that you have to be signed up for a team before you post your work in order to get points!
What prompts are eligible for this month?
- Official Chocobo Down Database
- September - Free-For-All post
- Any prompt left in the comments of this post! Yes, as of this year, the intro post for each theme period now doubles as the prompt post.
Some reminders for this round:
- Please include the prompt you are filling somewhere when you post your work!
- **New for this year!** To help ensure the mods award you all the points you deserve, please also identify the bonus theme(s) you are working with in your post. If you are doing the Fandom Tropes theme specifically, please also include the name of the trope(s) you are using.
- Content warnings/guidelines are always appreciated and recommended as well.
What if there isn't anything in the Chocobo Down Database that I want to create for? What if I want to ask for something else?
You can leave any prompts that fit one or both of the current themes in the comments to this post! You don’t have to be on a team to leave a prompt, but you do have to sign up if you want to receive points for filling one.
To leave a new prompt:
- Please put the most important relevant information in the subject of the comment, such as canon, character/ship, and/or trope. FFT: Agrias/Ovelia, or FFVIII: Quistis & Rinoa, or FFVII OGC: Turks, Genderswap are examples.
- Leave the details of your prompt in the comment. "Anything goes" usually isn't as helpful as you'd think - even if it's true! - so please try to add some optional details or ideas for people who might want a pointer.
- You can leave as many prompts as you wish, although we would ask you to stick to 5 prompts to keep things manageable. If you manage to fill someone's Ladies or Fandom Tropes wish, however, feel free to come leave as many prompts as you want!
Have fun, good luck, and prompt away!