A Multimedia Gift Exchange for All Final Fantasy Fandoms
Rules | FAQ | Schedule
It's Moogle Fluff time once more!
Moogle Fluff are small, quick gifts that anyone can make, and is our way of:
- giving a little extra to the folks whose prompts went out over the pinch hit list (whose gifter didn't have the same amount of time to create something as other gifters did);
- rewarding betas who worked to help make gifts awesome; and
- inviting anyone at all to create for the exchange and contribute awesome Final Fantasy works to the ever-expanding fannish canon!
Moogle Fluff can be any word count, a simple sketch, tidbits of things, a drabble! Just like for the regular collection, our offer of file hosting still stands with our image upload form. We're spending a lot of time in our inbox, so don't be afraid to poke us for whatever you need! We'll be happy to upload for you if you're having trouble; just email us your image/file at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last year, we began putting Moogle Fluff in our Chocobo Down 2014 collection, which will also be the collection for the Chocobo Races later this year. If you're posting from the regular Post New page, don't forget to put chocobodown2014 in the Collections/Challenges area under Associations so it will be hidden and include the name of the recipient (if you choose to use one).
The following prompts are available for Moogle Fluff:
1) Any prompt sent out over the pinch hit list: if the prompts went out over the list, they are fair game for Moogle Fluff. All the list archives are available to list members, so you can join the mailing list to see them as well as the recipient they belong to.
2) Beta prompts! If a beta provided prompts as part of offering their services through our official beta volunteer system, and were requested at least once, their prompts are available for Moogle Fluff! This year, we had several beta summons, but only one of those betas submitted prompts. Many thanks to all our betas! Here are this year's beta prompts:
AO3 Username: FireEyeAll betas who didn't get any work but submitted prompts, don't worry! Your prompts will be available on the Chocobo Down lists post round. :)
FFV. Faris & Butz are my favorite dynamic (platonic or romantic) duo in the game, so any hijinks involving their lovable tomfoolery would be most welcome.
FFVI. Terra & Celes. I view them as deeply intertwined counterparts, and enjoy any and all interaction I can get. (Bonus! I ship it! Triples! Just add Locke for an instant OT3!)
3) Any past unfilled prompt used in the exchange: during the Moogle Fluff period, our Chocobo Down prompts from previous rounds are offered up as potential Moogle Fluff prompts. If you see a prompt you like, grab it and write a short piece or a make quick sketch and upload it to the chocobodown2014 collection. Although AO3 names are attached, we do not require you use them, as these prompts are from past rounds and some people may not be taking part this year. We leave the choice up to the creator: you can address your gift to the owner of the prompt if you're comfortable doing so, but if you're not, no recipient is required to post to the Moogle Fluff collection.
Moogle Fluff posting will be open for work until Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 22:55 UTC.
Both the 2014 collection and the Moogle Fluff works, posted in the Chocobo Down 2014 collection, will be revealed at the same time. :)
Remember that this year we're doing a two-step reveal, so although works will be revealed, creators will still be anonymous. Creators will be revealed 48 hours after the collections are opened; we'll post here when it happens!