A Multimedia Gift Exchange for All Final Fantasy Fandoms
Rules | FAQ | Schedule
Hello, everyone! The uploading deadline is on Monday, May 19, 2014 at 23:00 UTC — click that link for the time in your area! How's everyone doing with that dim light wavering in the distance, drawing ever closer...?
As the big day approaches, we have opened up the DOINK! 2014 collection. On that page, you can follow the links at the top and Post to the DOINK! 2014 Collection. When posting, please remember to:
- Check that ff_exchange2014 is filled in in the Collections/Challenges area under Associations. If you forget this, your work will be revealed too soon and be public for everyone!
- Specify your recipient — this is what makes sure they can find your awesome gift!
- Please put the prompt you used in the notes section at the top. This makes it easier for us to track filled prompts. This will also help us get the Chocobo Down lists out faster. :)
If you're not sure how to do any of these things or need a little help, we have just the thing:
Uploading your Fanwork to the DOINK! Collection
To upload your fanwork into the right Final Fantasy Exchange collection, you must upload it directly into our subcollection for this round, DOINK! Final Fantasy Exchange 2014. There are two ways to do this!
- From the main page, click on Post New:
From the Post New page, scroll down until you find the "Associations" section, and the following fields:
You need two pieces of information to upload your work correctly: the specific collection name and your recipient's AO3 username. The former is ff_exchange2014 and the latter you received with your assignment. These two fields are very important!
- Alternately, if you upload from the 2014 collection home page by clicking on "Post to Collection" the collection field will be filled for you already:
This only works if you are viewing the 2014 collection. Be sure not to upload to a different collection.
It is very important that you put your story in the ff_exchange2014 collection. If you do not do this, it will not be included in the collection and will be publicly available on the archive as a regular fanwork — and will ruin the surprise!
Next, be sure to include your recipient's name. This was sent to you in your assignment. You can type it in (check and make sure it's correct!), or you can also use the archive's auto-complete feature:
If you no longer have your assignment e-mail, please contact us and we will send you a copy ASAP. :)
Here's what a completed Associations area looks like:
After this, you should be all set to fill out the rest of the information on the Post New page following the prompts on the page and the help files, indicated by icons. If you have any questions about the tags AO3 requires or embedding images with HTML, just ask, in this entry or by e-mail! We are here to help. :)
If you are a multimedia participant and need file hosting, please check out our image upload tool. Our file storage offer is for everything, at any time: regular round, Moogle Fluff, and Chocobo Down. :D
Other things you can do!
- You can summon a beta until Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 23:00 UTC.
- You can sign up to be a pinch hitter — pinch hit signups never close. :)
- If browsing fanwork inspires you, you can check out our collection from last year for lots of great fanwork DOINK! 2013 and Chocobo Down 2013.
- If you won't be able to finish your work in time, you can utilize our default form or send us an e-mail.
- Have a ton of fun!